Desperate Houswives Are Gracious Losers

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

IMDB is reporting that Four Desperate Housewives stars - Teri Hatcher, Eva Longoria, Marcia Cross and Nicollette Sheridan - are refusing to attend the Emmy awards next month , because they weren't nominated for any awards.

A source tells the Los Angeles Times: "None of them are going. Felicity Huffman may go as a presenter because she won the lead actress Emmy last year and they usually have last year's winner present this year's award. But the rest of them are definitely not going. If you're not nominated, you really don't have a reason to go. It's a lot of prep work to get in shape, all made-up, pick gowns and dressed up to these things. It's exhausting. And if you're not up for an award and it's just going to be embarrassing why go?"

I didn't realize it was embarrassing to go to ceremonies even though you aren't going to win. Last week I went to my Ultimate Kung Fu Dojo Awards, and I didn't get a stripe on my yellow belt. I knew I wasn't going to get a stripe - and be that much closer to the green belt - but it's about brotherhood. And it was a good photo opportunity for me to talk with other great fighters like Steven Spinkick. What does a belt really mean anyway? I carry a gun, yo.

Posted by darkhat at 7/19/2006  
0 comments

Post a Comment