Owen Wilson Is Smarter Than People In The Army

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Page Six is saying that Owen Wilson's first movie, "Bottle Rocket," nearly caused him to quit Hollywood and join the military.

Wilson told Maxim: "The studio said Bottle Rocket was their worst-testing movie in history, so I looked into the Marines. Maybe I was influenced by An Officer and a Gentleman. Or those Marine commercials, they were so cool! Like a Led Zeppelin song come to life, full of people pulling swords from rocks and fighting lava monsters."

Every time I hear about someone joining the military, or anything like that, it just assures me that they are easily manipulated. During my million dollar stakes poker nights- which are held in my parent's basement- I always invite people from the military, because they have sucker stamped on their forehead. It's nothing like it is on TV kids. You don't slay fire breathing dragons and fight off evil wizards that are casting spells on peaceful kingdoms.

Posted by darkhat at 6/20/2006  
1 comments
Anonymous said...

Yeah thanks! Still not 100% but I feel much better than yesterday.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment